Search This Blog

Thursday 1 June 2017

WHY A PASTOR PREFERRED HIS HOUSEMAID TO HIS WIFE. PART THREE

[5/30, : Diary Of A Pastor's Wife (Part 16)

Red glowing eyes stared back at me, and I tried to see clearly who it was. Metal claws closed over my forearm tightly, and I whimpered. Then I noticed he looked like David, the man with the red eye had his height and shape of his head. Then the strange being suddenly turned into my mother inlaw. The fear finally began to set in as my heart pumped.

"Ekomobong!" Her deep voice rumbled and echoed at the same time.

I woke up immediately sitting upright in shock, it was a dream. The bed was soft under me, but the covers were thickly hot. I was sweating through my pyjamas shirt. I looked at the other bed, Teye was sleeping peacefully wrapped in her pink mickey mouse duvet. My heart eased a bit, I kept repeating in my head that it was only a nightmare.

"Mummy are you okay?" Mfon asked, her voice was soft and tender, I held her into my arms.

""yes, I am fine my love."  I said as I pulled her under the sheet and covered her up.

The feeling that overcame me was wondrous and terrifying.
I wanted to stay underneath the sheet, I wanted to sleep through the entire time, but when I checked the time, it was almost 6AM. I woke up hastily to pray, then made breakfast of fried plantain and eggs for the kids. when I heard the door bell ring my heart skipped, I wasn't expecting anyone.

I didn't hear the sound of any car horn or anyone knock at the gate. How did this person pass through the gate?

I tiptoed towards the window to see who it was, I slid the curtain a bit and my heart trembled at the mere sight of people I saw. Should I say they were in thirty, forty or fifty?

I thought they were arm robbers sent by Georgina to come attack me and the kids. I wanted to dial the police, but my instincts wasn't sure.

Then I saw pastor Jerry, Pastor Ephraim, Akintola and the rest of them whom David mentored.

"What do y'all want?" I asked in a loud Tone, but boldly.

"Good morning maama." they all greeted in Unison. There was a murmur. Pastor Jerry stood out from the crowd.

"Mamaa please pastor sent us to you." Jerry said softly.

"I am ready for the divorce now, he doesn't need to send the whole church to come beg me for a divorce."
They began to murmur.

"No ma, he is asking for your forgiveness." They all knelt in unison. But my heart became hardened. I gently closed the curtains and walked back slowly to the kitchen.

"Forgive?" I repeated in a panic whisper, a tear falling down my cheek.
Diary Of A Pastor's Wife (part 17)

Mfon and Teye began to push their boxes to the center of the room, just as I ordered them to do. It was the easiest work their tiny hands could do.

"Mummy why are we packing?" Teye asked.

"The day after tomorrow, we will be leaving for the mainland." I said, folding the clothes into a basket.

"but mummy our school is on the Island." Mfon said.

I nodded silently.
"yes I know. no more questions, let's start packing. you both should gather all your clothes, a truck will be here to start packing."

They continued to push the drawers and their boxes with all their might.
After few moments, the kids paused.

"mommy we are tired." Mfon said weakly, giving a childish attitude.

"me too mummy." Teye said.

"Let's all rest a bit."

Teye laughed and blew an exaggerated kiss back.

Mfon and I joined in the laugh, it was a meaningless laugh, Teye made us happy.
My laughter subsided, but a wistful smile was left on my face and then we started singing. And then we had dinner.

That evening, we piled up the corridor with packed properties that we were going to take to our new home at Surulere.

******
The next morning was hectic.
We woke up tired and stressed, I made breakfast for the kids and drove them quietly to school.

As they alighted from the car, I heard a car door close just by my side, my eyes snapped open.
A masculine scent of a familiar perfume hit me hard on the nose, it was irritating as I felt like puking.
I had a feeling that it must be someone very familiar, but I was afraid to look, I was trying to hide my pregnancy.

"Baby." He called out huskily.

I didn't turn, I sat comfortably on my car seat and fastened the seat belt.

"please wait! Ekom I beg you, just listen to me." suddenly I looked up, our eyes connecting. He was right in front of the car, kneeling down. parents who came to drop their kids stood to watch, passers by stood to watch.

I wanted to run him over. Kill him and bear the consequences.

"Just listen to me baby please."  He lifted his hand waving at me, but I didn't return the gesture.
"look at me Ekom, just look at me." He yelled in a baritone voice."

He looked like he had a lot to say to me. His eyes were red, he was sweating like a full bucket of water was thrown at him.

I was surprise he couldn't feel the weight of my angry stare, he was still there, not afraid. But I started the car immediately and zoomed off speedily.
I wasn't sure if he drove after me, but I drove straight to Surulere, where I rented my new house.

Hmmmmm I love this  😁😁😁. Let's see what happen in part 18, 19 & - Diary Of A Pastor's Wife (part 18)

The kids looked out of the window as we drove into our new compound.

"Our new house is fine mommy." Teye whispered faintly.

"yes it is."

I loved that the house was far from the main road. I loved that it was far from all the bright lights and noise, far from anyone who knew David. The estate securities were excitedly sociable.

"Wehcome madam oh....yor shilren are too bitifu." they said excitedly in different tones as they opened the main

"thank you." I said calmly.

As we alighted from the car, the sight of our new house was peaceful and fascinating to look at.
The walls were made of brisks. And they were coconut trees flanking on the front yard.

The kids and I began to pack out our boxes and food stuffs from the car.

"mommy, this place is far from school." Mfon broke the silence.

"You won't be schooling there anymore. I will register you and your sister at a new school here on the mainland." I said with a serious face. I didn't look at their faces.
I knew that they were not happy to leave their former school, but it didn't matter to me anymore. All I wanted was a private new life.

****

The next morning, I woke up with a headache, and a light fever.
The air conditioner was on but I felt warm and sticky, I was sweating terribly.
Switching on the bedside lamp I looked at the other bed, the kids were sleeping.

I was about to go back to sleep when my phone buzz under the pillow.

I tried to ignore the call and get some more  sleep. A sleepy sigh floating up to the ceiling of the bedroom, but the phone rang again, and when I reluctantly check who the caller was, it turned out to be Lizzy.

"Hello?" I said in low tone.

"Ekom, where have you been?"

" I left the Island last evening."

" oh God. my nurses said you've not been coming to the hospital for your antenatal."

"Well, I was never comfortable coming to your clinic for antenatal, I never want David or anyone who knows me to see me with my baby bump." I said girlishly.
Lizzy laughed out so loud over the phone.

"Talking of David. He walked into my office with some bunch of holy bishops yesterday and demanded to see you. I told him that I am not your keeper. but he didn't believe me. He said that he went to the house, and discovered that everywhere was empty and locked up. I never knew you were planning to leave, are you leaving for America soon?

"not so soon. I will be planning for my visa tomorrow. I should be leaving before my third trimester."

"I will see you before weekend then."

" okay dear. But please don't come here with anyone."
Lizzy laughed and hung up the call.

I couldn't go back to sleep anymore. I thought of reporting David to the police for publicly harassing me, I wanted him to stay off my life forever.
: Diary Of A Pastor's Wife (Part 20)

*"Mummy, What Did You Do To My Daddy?"*


When Lizzy hung up the call, I became afraid as my heart fluttered. I felt like my problems got bigger by the day.


"mummy, what did you do to my daddy?"

Teye asked, as she gave me a leveled gaze.

"Don't ask me silly questions!" I yelled.

I was feeling so down and unhappy, nothing could calm me at that moment. There was heaviness in my heart. A combination of sadness, worries and regret.

I wished I had a time machine where I could turn back to the time where this conflict all started.

From when I left for America, to when I went to report David to the police.

"mummy stop, we are home!" Mfon said shrilly.

I sighed and took a reverse immediately.

My mind had gone far in thoughts.
****
That night, sleep ran away from my eyes. when I closed my eyes, all I saw was David brutally beaten by the rude police men.

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone, and my sister Abigail was the caller.

"Ayeneka, abadie?" I asked in a low tone.

"Sister, I just got a message from Georgina now, what have you done? she said her son has been hospitalized because of you."

"Oh that.....her son was harassing me, I reported him to the police...."

"What? why? I mean what happens to the woman of God in you? why would you report your husband to the police? "

"he is not my husband!" I yelled angrily and cut the call. Suddenly, I heard a loud knock on the door.

I walked hastily towards the door and opened it immediately without checking who it was, my heart tremble at the horrible sight of Georgina, there were police men behind her, and then Lizzy whose eyes were already filled with unreleased tears.

"What do you want?" I Asked with a furious stare.

But before I could say any other word she gave me a loud slap on my face.

"No madam! You don't slap a pregnant woman that way, can't you see she is heavy? Heartless Georgina!"

Lizzy yelled, as she struggled out of the hands of the police officers and pushed Georgina down.
"Bishop my foot! stay off her!"

The police men held Lizzy with all their might. I stood at one corner with my hands on my cheek, watching Georgina in tears.

" She said you are pregnant?" She laughed a disgustful laugh and clapped her hands back at me.

"Who are you Deceiving Ekom? You ate to your fill, your stomach is filled with food, there is no single foetus in there." She said, her mocking voice squeaked as she laughed sadistically.

"You are not God! shame on you devil!"

She wanted to put another slap on my face, when I held her hands tight.
"Get out of my house!"

"Arrest this barren woman, poor, wretched idiot, who got lucky to marry my son."

The police men pushed Lizzy aside and grabbed my hands firmly.

All I heard was Lizzy's voice, she was talking on the phone, I couldn't see her clearly anymore.

"hello? Pastor David there is a problem. Your mother is here to arrest your wife..

Yes....we are at Bode Thomas surulere."

Lizzy Said in a shaky tone as she attempted dialing another number, Georgina took the phone from her hands.

"mummy, mummy" the kids cried out.

The police men took me into a black maria.

Before I finally lose consciousness, a calm voice whispered something to me, "I will fight this battle for you."Diary Of A Pastor's Wife (part 19)

I began to slightly calm down and nodding my head. I took a deep breath before answering all the questions the police men asked, my heart was beating like I was facing my worse fears.

"Madam you say na this pastor dey disturb you?" the awkward looking police officer asked, he was holding David's photograph in his hands.

"yes, he harasses me everywhere I go. last week, he stalked me at my daughters school."

"na tiv him be." another police officer said.

"no. na kidnappers dey follow people like that, when they know that you get fine motor, they follow you everywhere. "

"madam, do you know the man or where he lives." another officer asked.

"he is my ex husband." I said, my voice faltered as I brought my head down a bit.

The police officers looked at me with their mouth wide open.

"You mean am madam?"

"yes. My ex husband "

"so Una wan carry Una family affairs come station abi?"

"oga please, that shouldn't be your business. All I want is for you people to stop this man from bothering me and my children." I said furiously.

"is okay madam. you go give us moni for fuel wey we go drive go him church go warn am well, well. money for pure water, money wey we go use buy gala hold belle and pocket money for the boys." he reeled off, as he smiled with his brown tooth wide open.

I dipped my hands into my handbag and brought out clean notes, counted it roughly and gave to one of them.

He smiled widely and got the money excitedly.
"madam go, your problem is over. This man will never ever bother you again. Go and sleep with your two eyes close."

"thank you oga." I said. I felt a sudden urge to smile, but didn't. I walked out hastily.
I melted into my car seat like a bulb of ice cream.
While I drove home that afternoon to pick the kids from their new school, I felt something so powerful.
Love. Broken love. like a dying sun about to explode.

******

"Tell me about your new teacher. Have you two made new friends yet?" I asked the kids excitedly, as I drove them home from school.

"the school is boring mommy."

"They don't have a play tree. " Teye retorted with a frown.

"You will get use to it soon." I said calmly.

I was almost approaching the house when my phone rang. Mfon picked the call and pressed the Speaker button.

"Ekom there is problem." Lizzy said, she sounded terrified and worried.

"What is it?" I asked, my voice trembling.

"I just got a call from pastor Akintola that some police men badged into David's office and almost Tortured him to dead."

The kids began to shiver as Lizzy continued.

"he was rescued by some pastors. According to what I heard, he was warned never to go after you again. Why are you involved in this Ekom?" She asked sadly.
[5/30, 14:33] Apostle PRINCE UBI: Diary Of A Pastor's Wife (part 21)

It was raining.

I can't remember the exact time it was, but I knew it was midnight.

I felt something on my face, and tried to pull it off, before realizing it was an oxygen tube. Lizzy held my hands to make sure I don't make further movements.
"You will be fine." she whispered.

Then I noticed that I wasn't lying on my bed, the mattress was softer.
There were lots of people in the room, I tried to open my eyes forcefully.

"she is opening her eyes."
A tiny loud voice said. My stomach dropped, and I could hear my heartbeat come to an abrupt halt on the monitor.

Then my eyes caught up with David, he was carrying Mfon in his arms, he had bandage tied around his neck.
I stared at him in complete utter and disbelief as my heart picked again.

Lizzy's eyes were wet with anger and tears. I knew she wanted to tell me something, a lot of things.

"you will be fine bestie." she said soothingly. I was surprise that Lizzy would refer to me as her bestie.

She pulls out the oxygen tube gently from my nose.
"can you breath?" she asked. I nodded my head slowly.

"you passed out." She whispered.

David ran out of the room immediately he saw my mouth moving.

"he doesn't know that you are pregnant. I told the doctors not to inform him." she whispered again, this time very slow.

Not long, David walked in with doctors and nurses. A doctor whose name tag reads 'Dr Alphonsus' gave me an apologetic smile and placed the stethoscope on my chest.

"if she is now well, prepare her for cell tomorrow morning, I want her to be beaten up mercilessly by those police men, just like they did to my son!" Georgina yelled.

"Mom, you are so heartless, even in her pains you still hate her? what sort of a human being are you?" David asked looking amazed.

"What is it that you see in this barren woman!"

"She is not barren, but you are ." Lizzy retorted, her face changed to the real face of terror and anger. she continued.
"have you ever put to birth in your life? oh, you think I don't know that it's only you and my late mother who was your best friend that knows that you bought David from her just because she couldn't afford paying her school fees at medical school, and my father who was your late husband's driver could not also afford sending his young wife to her dream medical school...." Georgina's face crumbles as she looked around blankly.

"What are you insinuating Lizzy?" David asked looking confused and terrified.

madness coated the air that night, secrets were unveiled, and the rain kept falling uncontrollably.: Diary Of A Pastor's Wife (part 22)

It felt like I was watching a movie, there was tension in the air. I had never seen Georgina with such countenance; She was dry faced and tensed.

"I gave birth to you my son" she said in a shaky voice.

"Is the holy bishop still in denial?" Lizzy asked sarcastically.

Everyone was in shock, we all placed a  gaze on Georgina.

"This was meant to be a secret I was gonna die with. I promised my mother not to reveal it to anyone. My mother believed that bishop Georgina did her a huge favor by sending her to school and taking adoption of her son."

"Jesus Christ!" David exaggerated.

"Georgina was afraid that my mother was going to come back for her son afterwards. when you were 2years old David, she took you to a place in India called  Hussan Takri's shrine in India and casted a spell on you. She lied to her husband that she was going for an international christian women's conference. She told my mom this out of anger. She never wanted you to believe this. she told my mother this because my mother wanted to pay her all the money she spent on her in Medical school and get you back."

"And why did she cast a spell?"

" So that you will do whatever she ask you to do. And never believe our mother."

" Oh my God!" David exclaimed, tears prickled at the top of his nose.

"you now see why I never wanted to date you while we were teenagers? When I told our mother that I was in love with you, she said to me that I can't be in love with my blood brother."

Everything inside of Georgina Froze except her heart. An explosion of heat detonated inside her chest, shooting out in sharp edged pins. The thumb of heart pounded with a force against her ribcage.
At this moment, Georgina was looking as disgruntled as she felt.

"And you call yourself a woman of God. I am not sure the holy spirit leads you to minister to your congregation mom." David said, panting. He stood there, his legs throbbing. He glanced up to find me staring at him. His face firmed. The glance we shared was strangely intimate.

"I am sorry." he whispered.

Georgina stood up immediately and walked out of the ward. David walked down to Lizzy.

"I have seen how your mom...." he paused and then continued. " our mom loved me so much, I felt it wasn't ordinary, there was this bond between us. Why didn't you tell me this a long time ago?"

"I didn't want to break mom's heart, I swore to her that I won't let anyone know of this."

"You've been my sister all these while?"  His scowl deepened, and now he looked quite fierce.
Lizzy nodded.

The kids were deeply asleep, Mfon on David's arms, while Teye was on the couch.
Looking at them, my spirit became lifted.

"I will be here with you till you get better."
David whispered calmly.
I felt my eye brows put together in a frown as he stared at me desperately.

Final part loading...
[5/3 Diary Of A Pastor's Wife (part 23)

Dear Diary,

I rolled out of bed looking like a corpse bride. I was grudgingly wandering around the room and looking for what to wear to Church that morning. Then I noticed everywhere was calm and quiet.

"Where are my children?" I asked myself. I hurriedly ran out to check and didn't find anyone at home.
Then I saw a yellow sticky note on the reading desk.
I opened it hastily and it read 'Breakfast set for my pregnant wife, see us in church for a welcome party. love, David.'

There was something about this particular Sunday morning, it had a smell of peace, love and hope.

When David broke my heart I wept, but the holy spirit led me to job 22:38 which says "thou shall decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee; and the light shall shine upon thy ways." Then I went to him and cried out my eyes, I decreed that I wanted my home back, my husband and the church we founded together, he heard me.

It's amazing how things can change back to normal in such a short period of time, oh the wonders of manifestation of the lord worked. My services in his vineyard paid me off.

I wore my favorite dress, the one I bought from le dress, west division street, Chicago.
I applied a foundation powder on my face after a very long while. I wanted to look like a beautiful bride, whose groom awaited at the church podium. It was a special day, the day I reunited with my family and the congregation of hills ministries, both old and new members.

I drove myself to church that morning, feeling beautiful in my satin lilac gown, and my Dorothy Perkins stiletto heel. The cream fascinator I pined to my hair had a long peacock feather on it, which gave me a perfect stylish look. There was something about the scent I used, Avon fire reminded me of the real day I wedded David. Everything about this day was beautiful.

I stepped into the church auditorium like a goddess of peace and hope.
I was a symbol of God's beauty.
David was about to give the sermon of the day when my presence got his attention.
There was this cool tension that covered the atmosphere.
I held my gaze, I didn't waver, didn't even blink an eye.
All I heard was screams and multiple hands clapping. It felt like I was about to go receive an Oscar award, it was the best moment of my life, the day God rewrote my story.

David shot me a rueful look and walked towards me, he seemed surprise.

David regarded me with a cool, penetrated gaze that seemed to see through my soul.

"Welcome my love." He whispered to my ears.
He hoisted me off the ground, as if I weighed not more than a favoured rag doll.
There was more screams in the air as he held me down the podium. I could hear the choir screaming "thank you Jesus."

Then I stood by him, he was ready to tell the story.
"the lord is good?" he said huskily, placing his mouth on the microphone.

"I  am a living witness." the church answered in unison.

Then he began to talk. Lizzy and the kids were on the front roll, excitedly waiting to hear him speak.

Then I looked up, there was a large crowd, it was the largest service I had ever seen.

The whole church stood still as he cleared his throat and began the narration.

Final part still loading...😜😜😜
[5/31 Diary Of A Pastor's wife (Last part)

I felt a sudden urge to smile through my tears. Romance is such a wonderful thing.

We were in America and it was Autumn, and the trees had grown antlers.  David had given the kids and I a surprise holiday trip.

I stood by the window, admiring David and the girls playing basket ball on the small field. The Vacation house was striking, specially built for a family vacation.
I walked over the balcony and caught my breath. I gaze upon a sweeping lawn, then spotted a tempting path that led past a tinkling fountain. Oak, hickory, and dogwood trees vied for space in the huge area. I imagined how beautiful the grounds would be in spring when the dogwoods were in bloom.

Moments later, after he made the kids to sleep, he was right behind me. He held me backwardly and held my face with his hands. His glance blazed down at me.

"Thank you for having me back my love."
He whispered.

For a long, unsettling moment I sensed him grow still, and his gaze seemed to excavate deep inside my soul.

"mom announced yesterday that she doesn't wanna be bishop anymore." He said looking directly into my eyes.

"How did you hear that?"

"The archbishop Desmond Delaney informed me yesterday, that he just got the resignation letter."

"she would give her life to Christ fully now." I thought aloud.

"She is making a public confession at the church head branch on Sunday, we won't be there."

"She is still your mother. You grew under her shadows, you still have to take care of her and be by her side, especially now."  My voice broke into a whisper.

His lips formed a smile, he brought down his head and kissed my big tummy.

How I survived without the utterly necessary intimacy with my husband over these days haunted me.

"I have longed for your touch." I said, pushing myself to him.

"And do you know how long I have wanted this special moment?" he responded, his rich voice threaded with unconstrained passion.

He emitted a harsh voiced groan and kissed me hard, so hard that my teeth and lips connected roughly with his.

He became gentle when he remembered I was pregnant. His wide eyes were on my stomach. His hunger for me reached out for me and filled the wild, empty spaces in my own longing, so when he took me, penetrating deep thrust, everything inside of me softened willingly. It had always been like this, until the day Ifeoma came into our lives. But things were about to get even better.

Kissing my tears away, he drove hard into my body and fell against me after a while. our bodies were lightly sheened with sweat. As the erotic scent of vanilla and strawberry on our skin mingled.

I wrapped myself in his arms and willed my tears of hurts away. Instead of dwelling in the past, I held on the precious moments like an unexpected matchless gift, and nobody would take that away from me.

We visited our new church in Houston and there was joy in our hearts as David stood on the podium. It was the beginning of a new chapter in our lives, God made this book beautiful.

THE END.

No comments:

Post a Comment